Saturday, October 30, 2010

395 days

We're getting our home study updated and just need a few things: New walk through by the court, physicals and background checks

The physicals are done and the lady from the court will be here next week. The background checks though... they are proving to be something of a problem because this pregnancy is vastly different from my pregnancy with Kasen and I have barely left the house.

I need to call them and find out if they can just rerun our fingerprints since they should have them on file from last year or if we need to actually come down to the police station again and get re-fingerprinted.

Trust me I am very, VERY grateful and realize every day how blessed we are, but that does not make constant nausea any easier to deal with. And I know even that could be worse... I could be vomiting so much that I have to be hospitalized or on an IV drip of medicine.

My past two weeks have looked like this

nausea.
dizzy.
nausea.
dizzy.
woah - almost passed out.
nausea.
dizzy.
hey, my blood pressure says I'm dead.
nausea.
dizzy.
Zofran to the rescue! yay!
less nausea.
dizzy.
headache.
sore throat.
fever.
flu. AHHH! (thankfully - the worst of it only lasted 24 hours.)
Sweet relief of codeine. Thank you, Lord!
sleep.
dizzy.
nausea.
headache.
dizzy.
sleep.
nausea.
headache.
dizzy.
Hey let's scare the living daylights out of everyone in my house by almost passing out while just sitting there watching a movie. Could barely even drink my orange juice because my hands were shaking so bad. That was fun.
sleep.
still running a slight fever a week post-flu.
nausea.
headache.
dizzy.
sleep.

You get the idea. I have barely left the house (and the couch for that matter) for over a week. I'm getting at least 10 hours of sleep at night (usually more like 12), plus a 2-3 hour nap around 11 a.m. and am still ready for bed at 6 p.m. and am actually in bed around 7:30/8, after Kasen goes down.

I keep thinking that this can't just be pregnancy tiredness. It can't. This is insane.

But then this morning, my slow and foggy brain put two and two together and I reread the Zofran label: "May cause dizziness, headaches and drowsiness."

So... I've skipped the past three doses and guess what? I'm awake. I'm not too dizzy and I don't have a headache. But the nausea is back worse than it was before.

So which is better? Deal with constant nausea or be a bump on the log and sleep all the time while trying to take care of a toddler?

(For the record, the nausea never went completely away with the Zofran - it just helped calm it down some.)

I'm considering settling for half and half. Take a Zofran at night because I'll be sleeping anyway and take another one in the morning, because it's naptime three hours after we get up and I can sleep then, too. Then deal with the nausea in the afternoon, but actually get stuff done and do more with my child then put a video on for him.

Please let this pass soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment