Saturday, May 7, 2011

Just thought I'd do a quick update since I haven't said a word since November... and it's May!

I just finished scrapbooking 2010, which included a whole section on the adoption fundraiser yardsale we did. Made me wonder what if... though we haven't had any leads since the one in November. Fate, I guess.

This pregnancy - geez. I have pretty much been sick since I got pregnant. For awhile there, if I got a week of being healthy, it was a miracle. Then I went an entire month (yay!) and got sick again. Still getting over that one. (Nasty cold virus that led to a sinus infection and bronchitis. Neal, Kasen and both of my parents got it, too.)

Not counting the constant nausea (still having that!) and your normal pregnancy pains, plus PUPPP again (a fun, extremely itchy pregnancy rash), I've had bronchitis three times, the flu, pink eye, pharyngitis, my first ear infection, two sinus infections and I have no idea how many colds. My immune system is apparently completely shot this time around. I've lost track of how many times I've been on antibiotics.

Needless to say, I am looking forward to not being pregnant. I've been too sick to really enjoy this pregnancy like I did Kasen's. Add still being nauseous all the time, and I'm just ready to have this baby. Thank God I discovered Unisom. The kind with only Doxycyline in it is safe during pregnancy, helps you sleep AND takes care of nausea! I don't take it during the day otherwise I'd be sleepy all the time, so I deal with the nausea using Tums and food. I went two nights without it recently and spent most of that time running to the bathroom or carrying/sleeping with a bucket, just in case.

But - the end is near! I'm scheduled for a c-section on May 31, which means I've only got about 3 weeks left. Or less, if I go into labor before that. (Is it selfish that I'm kind of hoping I will? You know, after 37 weeks when I'll be considered full term anyway...) She's dropped - wait, I don't think I posted about that - IT'S A GIRL!!! - but I'm not dilated at all.

No name picked out. Just can't decide, so we're taking a list of our favorites and she'll get a name once we meet her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment