Tuesday, June 29, 2010

273 Days

I am alive.

The tornado we hid from on vacation did not get us. (Though it was only a few miles away, it was an F1.)

We got back from vacation and our computer crashed, so for the majority of June, I have been sans internet.

Kasen and the little girl I babysit are both napping so I thought I'd take a moment to do a quick update, though it's nothing exciting.

I successfully pulled off my Grandma's surprise birthday party here last weekend and now have nothing time-consuming on my plate besides the yard sale stuff. The area in the basement I set aside for all of it is overflowing and I've almost got the most recent wave of donations cleaned and sorted. A few more boxes to go plus a couch to shampoo and I'll be caught up. A friend is coming this Friday and we are going to start working on pricing the stuff I do have. I've also gotten some nice things that I'm going to list on Craigslist. I'll post links for those who might be interested once I get them all up.

Kasen is officially 1-year-old and can walk but is a bit afraid to do it on his own. (He's a very cautious child.) He loves to hold your finger and have you walk him all over the place or walk back and forth between two people. Yesterday, he stood up in the middle of the floor on his own and then took a few steps to me... he was very proud. :) He can say about 15 words/phrases, too, which is amazing to hear. He also has started "singing" or humming when he's eating or playing. It's very cute!

Here is a video of him helping me with laundry:



And a picture of us and my parents at Mount Rushmore:

No comments:

Post a Comment